I don't know about you, but it seems like every time I make quinoa I've always got a lot left over. This is a yummy and healthy treat that can be made quickly with leftover quinoa.
1 tbsp butter
1 cup milk
3 cups cooked quinoa
4 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup raisins (if desired)
1. Add butter and milk to a saucepan and turn up heat to medium.
2. In a mixing bowl beat room temperature egg yolks and then fold in the cooked (cooled off) quinoa.
3. Add vanilla, cinnamon and salt to quinoa mixture.
4. Gently spoon quinoa mixture into the warmed milk/butter mixture in the saucepan. Add sugar.
5. Bring pudding to a simmer and whisk constantly at medium heat for about 10 minutes until thickened. When at desired consistency, add raisins if desired, remove from heat and allow to cool.
6. Can be served warm or chilled.
Calories: 282 calories per serving
Protein: 8g per serving
Carbs: 48g per serving
Fat: 7g per serving